Thursday, May 3, 2012

Making Do

Well, we are stuck here for a little while, it seems. The universe doesn't seem to want us anywhere else right now.  So...I am making do with what I have.  Not your all white and pink with roses everywhere shabby chic look, I know.  White walls in this place would be a disaster.  Out here it is so dusty and dirty.  The roads are that white limerock and people drive fast out here and kick up tons of it, that means dusting just about every other day.I've gone over to the eclectic side.  Wish the walls weren't sooooo dark, but that paint was on clearance and that paint is what we got.  I do, however, plan to stencil or stamp a white design somewhere.  Don't necessarily plan on keeping those curtains, but the sun shines strong in those windows and there are no trees. See, the floors?  They are just plywood.  We are talking about just sanding them down and staining them.  The furniture needs slip covers also.  Anybody got any suggestions on making this place livable?  I really don't know what to do with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment