Thursday, July 15, 2010

Cakes Galore!

My family has 6 birthday's in July. We usually get together for a family party. This year I decided to make each person a 6 inch personal cake. Yeah, I was on my feet all day, but I truly enjoyed doing it. Decorating cakes is a sort of passion for me. I'd do it professionally if I could afford a commercial kitchen! This is my stepsister's, Pam, cake. Didn't really know her favorite, so played it safe with vanilla.
This is my stepdad's cake. He loves chocolate. The cake is chocolate, the icing is and that's chocolate candy chopped up on top. He can't have this very often.

This is my stepbrother's, Derek, cake. I was told he like chocolate. I added a little bit of color with the icing.


This is Jazen's, my grandson, cake. I asked him what he wanted and he said chocolate, sprinkles and Spongebob. He is 4.



Mom wanted a cheese cake. I made her a New York style with blueberry, since mine below would have blueberries.










This last cake is mine. My mom used to make me a blueberry cream cheese cake for my birthdays. This has always been my favorite.

2 comments:

  1. Wish I had one of them now. All the sweets in the house are gone. Yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I wish I was there! I miss being home with you guys during the birthday extravaganza!

    ReplyDelete