Saturday, January 8, 2011

Shabby Chic Bookshelf Redo

This is the beginning of my bookcase redo. This photo shows that it is a prefab bookshelf that was brown. Brown just isn't my color, so let's make this more my style.
This is the paint job. I had on hand a light gray paint and went over that with a light brush of white. It was very windy and I had to fight leaves and moss falling from the trees. But It dried quickly.

This is the end result of my redo. The trim was a christmas present from my sister and the lace from my mother. I just glued them on. I will use this in my room to put my shabby chic items and maybe show off some of my linens.


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! Thats awesome...one step closer to having everything in white and a house to yourself...the master plan!

    ReplyDelete