Tuesday, August 3, 2010

This and that

I've been without my laptop for a few days, so I haven't posted like I wanted to. I had to have my hard drive replaced, still don't know why. Anyway...I have my laptop back and thought I would show you my son on a local church's meditation trail and a few pics of some shabby chic items in my bedroom. Only look at the items, please! My home is sooooooo far from being even started. It's sort of like the car in the movie "Christine". Putting new windshield wipers on a busted windshield! Oh well, here is Dusty taking a short break on that trail I mentioned.
This is him a bit in front of me. He was fascinated with this trail. He loves the woods. I do too, but the mosquitoes were brutal.

Losing him near the end of the trail. Hey, this is supposed to be a meditation trail, not a race trail!


Here are a few pics of items in my bedroom. It's a work in progress so I'm only showing some items. Remember, this is a battle in my family. I'm pretty in pink, they're grease pit monkeys! Here is my beloved chenille bedspread. This is dear to me. I spent a whopping $3 for this beauty at a thrift store. Nothing around my bed is quite complete, so won't show you any of that just yet. Just showing you some of what I have to work with.



This is a favorite find of mine. I respect the work that goes into needlepoint pictures because I do it myself. This is quite old and yellowed, but still speaks volumes. This hangs in my bedroom.




This is the small collection of Bassett Hounds that has been started for my hubby. More on why this in another post.





This is a vintage mirror I bought from a stash of items that was donated to my mom's church sale they have every year. I had to rescue this little girl, she belonged with me. Notice the gray walls in my bedroom? Yeah, gotta do something about that.






This is the close up of the little girl image at the top of the mirror. Isn't she just so pretty?







This is a gorgeous feather wreath I discovered. The only thing I changed was to wrap a pearl strand around it. Would have loved to have found this in white, or better yet, pink!








And apparently, I collect purses. These are some of many that have caught my eye.









1 comment:

  1. I think everything turn out great. A little at a time with all men around. Go sweetie,mom

    ReplyDelete