Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Past is Precious

Here's a picture of some precious finds that I call shabby chic. I am happy when I can find this much in one trip. I see so many blogs with tons of pictures of what they find in one trip. Where I'm from, in the south, people didn't have a lot and tended to use up and wear out what they did have. Their few belongings were precious. Some families may be returning to that frame of mind in our own times.
Picked up a couple of these white paper wedding bells, but I think I can use them as Christmas decorations too, just as well. That's my cat, "Snowball" in the background. He thinks the bed belongs to him.

A crocheted potholder in a really light green and cream colors. A tin mold, some retro napkins that are for sale in my etsy shop and a piece of pink material with hearts all over it.


This apron is so delicate and completely sheer. I can't imagine this being very useful in the kitchen. It's just too pretty.








This is a bonnet I found. This was my favorite find and I was very excited about it. I can never find these and I've always wanted to collect some.

1 comment: