Friday, April 27, 2012

Rolled Denim Flower Frame and Some Stars

I was inspired by rolled denim flowers from discarded jeans to embellish this small frame that holds a black and white picture of my sister.  It kind of has a sculptural look.  All you do is cut strips of denim and roll them after spreading glue down the strip. Then, just glue them randomly to the frame.  I left the sides undone because you can't see them and the bottom, so it could still stand up.                                                  
                                                                                       
                                                                                       
                                                                                     
                                                                                           
                                                                                       
And here are some stars I made from thin cardboard.  I found a star shape online and scored it after cutting it out to make it kind of 3 dimensional. I spray painted it silver. The small one on the bottom had these little tear drop designs that I cut out. I glued a small piece of wire on the back to hang them up.  These are very simple to do, not requiring a lot of instruction.  Have a little fun with these and see what you can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment