Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My venture into trashion!

I have this need to create new things from objects destined for the trash. My son and hubby recently had jeans that had seen better days. I wanted to try to get a second life from them, so I created a few things. Yes, the bracelet and necklace are a little outlandish, but their fun. We all need a little quirky-ish in our lives from time to time to break up the monotony. This bracelet was made by cutting six layers and cutting out the center to fit in your hand. I them glued on a faux pearl strand every other layer to dress it up a bit.
This is a headband I upcycled by covering with denim and I made a bow that I glued on the side with a found embroidered button that matched beautifully. All the more reason to hang onto all the little bits and pieces!



Above is a necklace simply made from circles cut from the legs and sort of quilted by spreading batting into the leg and sewing circles, then cutting out. I used a seam from the leg for the part that goes around the neck. I had some rhinestones laying around, so glued them in the centers.


No comments:

Post a Comment